Sunday, September 13, 2015

Treat Your Fans Better

So tonight myself & my wife went to a Bone Thugs-N-Harmony concert in Toronto, Ontario.
Show was great. Never really listened to them, I knew 1 song..... But zero words of that song. My wife is a big fan of them though. So I went to keep her company & be entertained by .... Performers.
Now, take into account, I'm usually on the other side of the situation, as the performer. So I'm always intrigued to see how other artists perform or deal with fans/audiences..... Especially meet & greets.
Like I said before, my wife is a Fan of these dudes, so she purchased meet & greet VIP tickets to meet the guys, get some stuff signed & snap a picture. The Show was great, good performances I guess, but the draw was super low. Myb 250 people? And limited VIP tickets. Only 30 of us could stay for the meet & greet. Show ended & we waited. Bought a $30 hat to get signed for the wife. The only reason I'm giving all these details is to give the reader (that's you) enough details to know why this situation sucked. So we finally got up to "meet" these dudes. 1 of them off flirting with some nasty groups, 2 of them were joking with each other, the other just couldn't be bothered. My poor wife was so excited & mustered up the courage to ask "how have you liked being in Toronto?" ......... You could hear a pin drop. No body even replied. So I said "hey, good show tonight guys" ........ Myb spark a convo so my wife could jump in. Nope. Nothing again. We get pushed like cattle to get this photo over with & sent on our way.

Photo will be in my tweet promoting this blog. You can see how serious I take the photo.
Double Thumbs up for Gangster Rap.

So anyways.  I get it. You guys sold a platinum album & we're friends with Easy E..... But Terrible draw for these guys tonight, couldn't fill a 1,000 person concert hall & they thought they were too "big" to look up & answer a simple question??? Who bought all those CD's to make it platinum? Fans did.

I'm just using this crappy situation as an example. I've seen this on my level of entertainment as well & it annoys me just the same. This just sparked my annoyance & lit the fire enough to write a blog.

If you're in entertainment & fans approach you, pay attention to them. On a weekly basis I meet new fans or continue to build relationships with loyal fans. These are the people who make all these shows/concerts/events possible. Without them you'd have to buy your own CD to make it platinum. You'd have to watch your own wrestling shows to have an audience to perform in front of. Are some fans weird & awkward .... Maybe. Or maybe you're just a crappy dude & can't relate to the struggle of mustering up the courage to ask for an autograph or a photo. These experiences only open my eyes more & more & make it so much easier to be GOOD to the people who put food in my mouth & make noise for me while I chase my dream. Thanks to all the fans & honestly support the guys who appreciate it. Not all of the entertainers in the world are lame. Just some.

Sorry for the long over drawn rant. I just hated seeing my wife go from super fan, to "I don't like these guys anymore" ..... Ps. 30 people were at the meet & greet. JUST 30! If you can't pay attention to 30 damn people, stay home.

- Ethan Page
@officialEgo 



No comments:

Post a Comment