Monday, August 25, 2014

Onward & Upward


ONWARD & UPWARD

           You see that? I put a title, underlined it & centered it. This is the extent of my high school education. Now let's pretend I did good in English class & write a bad ass blog about this following weekend & what I have in store for the month of September.... which is A LOT!!!!
So in the above photo you see Monster Mafia member Josh Alexander & myself (Ethan Gabriel Owens) standing in an ROH ring across from the Decade's Roderick Strong & Jimmy Jacobs. By the way I didn't choose this photo to showcase Josh's rear end, trust me, if I could find a photo of my booty I would have used that instead! This match was the 1st of the weekend & a killer match at that. In my last blog entry I talked about how important this was to my career & how important this was to Josh & I personally & it delivered on all accounts. This was another test for Josh & I under the ROH banner & from the fans in attendance & feedback backstage seems like we passed with flying colors. They announced SOME of these matches will be airing on ROH TV, so hopefully you fans will be able to check it out. If not, from what I saw of the ENTIRE event, this one's definitely worth picking up on DVD or VOD.
www.rohwrestling.com <---- merch available here!

Which brought us on a GREAT big high all the way back to my hometown of Hamilton, Ontario where we captured the Tag Team Titles at Fringe Pro Wrestling. ( www.fringeprowrestling.com ) What a crazy trip this was. Sometimes I don't sit back & think about how stupid Josh & I are. Ya, ya, ya  I know, wrestlers drive long & far & put on the miles & grind it out. This isn't me complaining, because I'll do this EVERY DAY to live the life I currently have. But holy crapola, we left Hamilton at midnight on Friday & drove through the night for 10 hours to get to Chicago around 10am Hamilton time, 9am Chicago time. So we killed some time & went to see Sin City 2 in a theater with bad ass recliner lazy-boys which everyone slept in accept me. Then joined ROH Champion & his wife MsChif for a game of baseball at some random park in Chicago, to performing at Death Before Dishonor, stuck around to watch the show & get some feedback & back on the road at 12:30am Hamilton time, got BACK to Hamilton at 10am, I dropped off the boys at my place, walked my dogs, watched a couple matches with em, let the guys sleep, went to celebrate my Dad's 51st birthday at my folks house, came back home, grabbed the boys & went to go wrestle a 30 minute main event tag match & win some more titles. When my weekends AREN'T like this, I legitimately go stir crazy & insane. What a great weekend! And to top it all off, the Monster Mafia got some GREAT news....

Now, I mite get my wrist slapped for this, because we obviously haven't been announced yet but it's 2 weeks away & I wanna do my part as a talent on the event to promote this as MUCH as I can! For the first time EVER, myself & Josh will be performing on the main show for ROH in our hometown (well, 30 mins from my hometown & 30 mins from his). This is sooooooooo HUGE! We couldn't be MORE proud or more excited about this & we hope that fans in the area join is in the Maple Leaf Gardens & show support because we'll be bringing our best & will support Ontario Wrestling & our cities with pride. I have no idea what our match is & could care less. It's been a dream of mine to wrestle in Toronto for ROH. This is where my first dark match was in 2009 & here we are 5 years later & I'll be featured on the main card with my best friend as my tag team partner. My brother by choice Josh Alexander! www.rohwrestling.com has ALL the info, if you DON'T live in Canada though, it's okay because it's LIVE on iPPV! Or, if you leave close enough come see me in action Friday & Sunday in Cleveland, Ohio for my home promotion that's always held in #GodsHouse (Turners Hall) Absolute Intense Wrestling! www.aiwrestling.com
This brings me to a little personal gripe I have with my current situation. Now, previously I was announced for all 3 dates for the awesome #WrestlerRager14 event in Cleveland for AIW. Although I was elated with the news we'd be doing the iPPV in Toronto, my stomach also sunk into my balls. In grade 10 I failed science & had to go home & pray my Dad wouldn't take off his belt & whip my ass. I had that SAME feeling when I had to do this to the dudes at AIW. Ya, I know, I sound like a giant kiss ass who's full of shit. But I love AIW & owe these guys everything for getting me to the point I'm at in my career. So cancelling one of the three days sucked for me & with all the guys being pulled as of late for ROH & missing AIW I'm sure Josh & I pulling off just added to the fire & publicly I'd like to apologize to them & to the fans of Cleveland.

So Friday September 5th & Sunday September 7th I'll be in my home away from hometown CLEVELAND, OHIO! Reppin' AIW & doing my best to put Eddie Kingston in his place. Trust me, AIW is delivering the BEST product right now. Every live event is special & every DVD offers the BEST production (SMV is amazing) & the pre show promos are ALL unbelievably good! Order some DVD now! www.smartmarkvideo.com ! Make sure you show up with all your friends & family for this special wrestling party, because that's EXACTLY what it will be... a freaking PARTY!








THESE SHIRTS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE IN CLEVELAND THAT WEEKEND FOR #WRESTLERAGER14 - SO BRING YOUR $20 BILLS & ALL YOUR FRIENDS! LETS MAKE THIS WEEKEND A HUGE SUCCESS FOR EVERYONE!

If you can't make it to an event but still want to support myself & Josh Alexander, head over to www.prowrestlingtees.com/ethanpage & if you're super broke & can't do that just follow us on twitter @OfficialEGO @walking_weapon & make sure to share all our YouTube videos! www.youtube.com/canadianmonstermafia

Thanks again for reading another long winded pointless entry into my blog of nonsense!

- "All Ego" Ethan Page

No comments:

Post a Comment